Choosing the best motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700x (or any processor for that matter) is an integral part of the PC building process.
A processor is a highly essential factor in the PC building process. But without the support of a good quality motherboard, it will not be able to perform to its full potential.
If you have chosen the Ryzen 7 3700x processor, you know its power and incredible performance. It is considered an all-rounder processor which can handle every intense task, including gaming and video editing, effortlessly. But if you do not pair it with the best motherboard, you will be unable to avail of its full benefits.
Related Article – Best Motherboards for Ryzen 5 5600X
But how to choose the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700x processor when there are so many options available on the market? That is precisely what this article will help you out with.
Mentioned below are the 9 best motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700x, along with the pros and cons of each.
This will help you make the best decision according to your requirements.
But that’s not all; we will also cover the factors and aspects you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Best Motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700x
- 1. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 ATX Motherboard
- 2. ASUS Prime B550-PLUS
- 3. ASUS ROG Strix B550-A
- 4. MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries Motherboard
- 5. Gigabyte B450 AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
- 6. MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi Gaming Motherboard
- 7. Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Gaming Motherboard
- 8. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AMD AM4 X570S
- 9. Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO-P
- Things to Consider Before Selecting a motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700X
- Form factor.
Best Motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700x
1. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 ATX Motherboard
ASUS has earned many great reviews about its line-up of motherboards, and the X570 Hero deserves a spot on this list of the best motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X. Regarding its price range, the feature set is impressive and will make you feel you do not need to spend anymore.
The ASUS X570 Hero can support both Ryzen 3000 and Ryzen 5000 and comes with DDR4 RAM. However, if you want to work with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU, you’ll have to ensure that your BIOS is up to date. This version does not support Wi-Fi, but there is another variant that does.
Regarding the other specifications, you have the AMD AM4 socket, which is compatible with 2nd and 3rd gen AMD Ryzen processors. Then there are two M.2 drives, many fan headers, and AMD storemi TO for the best connectivity and speed. The motherboard comes with Ethernet support with ASUS LANGuard protection.
The ASUS X570 Hero boasts 5-way optimization and contains features to elevate your gaming rig, like overclocking and automated system-wide tuning. The design of the motherboard is sleek and modern and looks quite aesthetic. Its features and premium components are built for high durability.
This motherboard can handle almost anything and offers you customization options too. ASUS X570 Hero uses an integrated SupremeFX audio solution to provide detailed sound and offers you great value for the money you are spending.
- The build quality is premium.
- The motherboard is packed with exciting features.
- The audio quality is superb.
- BIOS and ASUS software is very intuitive.
- It contains plenty of USB and other ports.
- It does not support DDR5.
- There is no particular upgrade path after Ryzen 5000.
- The system sometimes hangs with 3rd gen Ryzen.
2. ASUS Prime B550-PLUS
If you are searching for options for the best motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X at a very affordable price range, the ASUS Prime B550-PLUS is an excellent option. There is a healthy balance of affordability and features, but the aesthetics are not to die for. This particular chipset is quite popular in the market as it is compatible with the Ryzen 5000 line.
The design is similar to any other classic motherboard, without that gamer category aesthetics. The board is entirely black with a few white stripe-like patterns. You will not see any cooler on the chipset, but the AMD AM4 socket is perfectly compatible with Ryzen 5000 and 3rd gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.
The overclocking threshold is decent, and the board has 4 DIMM slots. You also get 16 SafeSlot, dual M.2 slots, 1Gb LAN, and enough USB and HDMI ports. Moreover, another significant advantage is the availability of PCIe 4.0 in a mid-range motherboard. However, the cooling system is not very impressive, and you might have to look for other options if it is a deal breaker.
LANGuard ensures all-around protection, and the ASUS OptiMem lets the memory kits operate at Higher frequencies with lower voltages to make the most out of the performance factor. However, before you install a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU, it is essential to ensure that your BIOS is up to date.
- Two M.2 slots, including the latest PCIe 4.0.
- Enlarged cooling system with a VRM heatsink.
- Plenty of USB ports.
- Compatible with Thunderbolt EX 3-TR.
- SafeSlot Core to prevent damage.
- Overvoltage protection and DRAM overcurrent protection.
- Stainless steel back I/O for high durability.
- Some of the plastic looks a little cheap.
- Not suitable for pro gamers.
- Does not have USB-C for the front panel.
3. ASUS ROG Strix B550-A
B550 motherboards are already quite popular due to their power and features. And this ASUS ROG Strix B550-A variant does not disappoint either. It features 2.5Gbps LAN, dual M.2 slot with heatsink, Optimem II technology, and is perfectly compatible with Ryzen 5000 and 3rd gen AMD Ryzen CPUs. The power design is solid and comes with high-quality and durable alloy chokes and capacitors.
The ASUS ROG Strix B550-A supports HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.2 output. You also get a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Thunderbolt 3 header. It has superb connectivity and is PCIe 4.0 ready too. The software used for noise canceling is impressive and does its job well. The motherboard comes integrated with OptiMem II Technology, and updating the BIOS is relatively easy.
One of the compatible motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X, the design of this one is pretty sleek. If your model is malfunctioning, you will get to know with the help of glowing Q-LEDs.
ASUS has always taken care of aesthetics, and you’ll agree with this one. The overclocking and voltage setting is decent, and the stability of the plate is remarkable. Overall, it is an excellent pick as it supports DDR4 RAM and has a slot for PCI-E too.
- It is PCIe 4.0 ready.
- 2.5Gb Ethernet for connectivity and lag-free gaming sessions.
- AI noise canceling microphone software.
- Procool power connector, alloy choke, and capacitor.
- 6-layer PCB for eliminating heat and improving system stability.
- ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting.
- The motherboard does not have enough RGB splitters.
- The VRM heatsinks look cheap.
- The I/O cover is flimsy.
- The motherboard does not contain a USB Type-C header.
4. MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries Motherboard
MSI has brought forward this particular chipset, primarily focusing on the professionals. The A-Pro model from this brand has always been popular due to its affordability and basic design. However, with that basic design, dual channel DDR4 memory supports up to 128 GB, PCIe 4.0 supports, two M.2 slots, and USB ports for connectivity.
If you want to pair this motherboard with 3rd gen AMD Ryzen processors or future AMD Ryzen processors, you will be able to do it effortlessly. The MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries uses optimized power circuit layouts and digital power regulation to deliver a balanced current level to the CPU.
Also Read: Best Motherboards for Ryzen 7 5800X
The sound quality is another feature that is impressive and worth mentioning. It is studio-grade audio quality and perfect for those who engage in immersive gaming experiences. There is a Flash BIOS button, using which you can flash the BIOS even if there is no CPU or memory.
The heat sink is made entirely of metal and offers support to the CPU power system to control high-end processors. The SATA and USB cables can seem overwhelming initially, but you can tuck them away neatly with the help of MSI Atypical PCB edge.
Overall, it is a good option and one of the best compatible motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X.
- MSI Lightning Gen 4 PCIe.
- Core boost Technology for better power delivery and creating a balanced power system.
- For high conductivity and better heat dissipation, PCB material with 2oz thickened copper.
- The BIOS management software is pretty solid.
- Set up and installation is easy.
- The IO shield is detached.
- It contains only one RGB header.
- The motherboard does not offer Wi-Fi support.
5. Gigabyte B450 AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
The Gigabyte B450 AORUS Pro screams premium with its specifications and features, but the best part is the affordable price range. This motherboard is ideal for people building their PC and gamers too.
It is perfectly compatible with the latest AMD Ryzen 2000 series, and the AMD StoreMi Technology improves the overall experience by reducing boot times. The M.2 Thermal Guard ensures there is no throttling and has been designed in such a way that it can dissipate the heat properly. There are enough USB ports for connectivity, and the LED customizations are truly impressive. The RGB Fusion application puts you in charge of the LEDs on the motherboard.
If you are worried about the system heating up during gaming, the Gigabyte B450 AORUS Pro comes with Smart Fan 5 to help the motherboard perform its best while staying cool. There has been no compromise with the song quality, and the exclusive AOURS AMP-UP Audio technology does not disappoint. The shield is made of stainless steel and offers an extra layer of strength and protection.
And of course, we cannot forget the most attractive feature of all- built-in Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi module supports dual band and Bluetooth 4.2. It is a great pick and will fulfill most of your requirements.
- The performance is remarkable.
- It offers Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support.
- There are plenty of headers for RGB, SATA, etc.
- It boots very quickly.
- Slot distribution is satisfactory.
- The design and the overall aesthetics give off a premium vibe.
- Windows defender does not work with this motherboard.
- It does not contain a VGA port.
- The Gigabyte software is a little glitchy at times.
- Updating the BIOS to use a new processor is somewhat complicated
6. MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi Gaming Motherboard
The MSI MPG B550 is a perfect fit for those using a Ryzen 5000 processor. Moreover, the price range is affordable as compared to other competitors too. You get almost everything you want in a motherboard, and plenty of connectivity options exist.
The motherboard features Wi-Fi 6 with MU-MIMO technology, which increases the device’s capacity over wireless networks. You also get a 2.5Gbps Ethernet LAN, making it ideal for gamers constantly looking for high bandwidth. The MSI MPG B550 supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128GB.
The MSI Mystic Light is another great feature included in this motherboard which adds a splash of color with the help of RGB lighting effects. The brand wants you to enjoy a lightning-fast gaming experience with the latest PCIe 4.0. The premium audio boost gives you an immersive experience with high-quality sound.
There is a 6-layer PCB for better heat dissipation and extended VRM heatsinks to radiate off the extra heat.
- Affordable price point.
- 6-layered PCB.
- Wi-Fi 6 support.
- It features premium audio quality.
- Robust VRM for that extra performance boost.
- RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers.
- Offers the latest PCIe 4.0 support.
- Set up and installation is easy.
- It does not contain any hybrid fan connectors.
- The number of USB ports could have been more.
7. Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Gaming Motherboard
An absolute stunner and one of the most compatible motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X, the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite offers a wide range of features at a pocket-friendly price. It offers PCIe 4.0 support, an integrated I/O shield, enlarged heatsinks, and dual PCIe 4.0 slots. It is compatible with AMD 3rd gen Ryzen, 2nd gen Ryzen, and Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors.
It also features 12 phases of digital VRM, and the USB type C connector is located right at the front panel. When you use this motherboard, you do not need to install the CPU, memory, and graphics card to flash the BIOS. The GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus button lets you download and save the latest BIOS file effortlessly.
The integrated I/O shields ensure a smoother PC building process. The audio quality is extremely good, and you can enjoy the latest Wi-Fi design with high-speed Ethernet. You will hardly miss any feature when you use this.
- Premium features at an affordable price.
- 12 phase VRM.
- USB type C headers on the front panel.
- Good audio quality.
- Dual M.2 slots.
- Enough RGBs to light up the entire block.
- Simple BIOS, which is easy to set up.
- Does not have a Type C port on the rear side.
- It contains only 4 fan headers in total.
- No debugging LEDs makes knowing when you have a booting problem challenging.
8. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AMD AM4 X570S
The ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AMD AM4 X570S is not an unknown name in the motherboard industry. It features all the latest BIOS updates of over 4 years, refined and polished electrical layout modifications, PCB, and more. This equipment is ready for 2nd and 3rd gen AMD Ryzen processors.
The design is subtle, and ASUS has chosen the simple route with their RGB usage. We cannot call this motherboard cheap. But compared to other options with similar features, it is indeed affordable. There are 8 SATA ports, and the motherboard boasts high power with ProCool II power connectors, 10k black metallic acid cause made in Japan, and microfine alloy chokes.
ASUS ROG Dark Hero X570S offers support for Wi-Fi 6, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard protection, and GameFirst VI software compatibility. You will not have any connectivity issues with multiple USB ports. It comes with a pre-installed IO shield, ROG SupremeFX audio technology, dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots for fast data transfer speeds, and AMD StoreMi technology to enhance the system’s responsiveness.
With the Incredible features and excellent price range, this is one of the best motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700x processor you will ever come across.
- Shuttle and clean design.
- Onboard post-code screen and boot buttons.
- Superb VRM cooling.
- BIOS flashback button.
- Wi-Fi 6 support.
- Enough USB ports.
- ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting.
- A little expensive.
- The quality of the Wi-Fi antenna mount is not good.
- The BIOS is not very beginner friendly.
9. Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO-P
Gigabyte has released some fantastic models in this category, making it very hard to choose which one is the best. The B550M AORUS PRO-P is again perfectly compatible with AMD 3rd gen Ryzen and 3rd gen Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors. It features dual channel ECC/non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 and 10+2 phases digital twin power design.
You get enlarged VRM heat sinks, and the motherboard is PCIe 4.0 ready. The audio quality is impressive, and it features premium capacitors for that extra boost in performance.
The B550M AORUS PRO-P supports 2.5GbE LAN with bandwidth management, and it also contains HDMI and DisplayPort for multiple displays. Gigabyte did not compromise in the RGB department and supports addressable LED and RGB LED strips.
The motherboard comes with a pre-installed IO shield for quick and easy setup, and you do not have to install the CPU, memory, and graphics card to update BIOS. Even though this one is at the bottom of the list, it is a brilliant performer.
- PCIe Gen 4 support.
- Plenty of M.2 storage.
- Multiple USB ports.
- Flash BIOS button to update the firmware without installing RAM, CPU, or graphics card.
- Sleek black design with subtle lighting.
- The installation process is straightforward.
- RGB Fusion software is a little glitchy at times.
- Issues with drivers can occur with Windows version 1909.
- It is vital to upgrade to the latest version of BIOS for full compatibility with Ryzen 5000.
Things to Consider Before Selecting a motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700X
The computer peripherals industry is constantly evolving, and there are many options for manufacturers of every piece of equipment. And when you have a powerful processor like the Ryzen 7 3700X, it can be frustrating to come up with the best motherboard to pair it with.
You need to consider some factors before selecting a motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700X. And here are some of them-
It is one of the primary factors you need to consider as it will determine the kind of performance you get. Purchasing an AMD processor like Ryzen means you have many options for chipset models. Having a budget in mind will help you narrow the choices, making the decision a little easier.
The B450 is a terrific budget option. Or, if you want to stretch your wallet strings a little, you can go for B550 or X570, which are also compatible with an AM4 socket.
The form factor of a motherboard is another primary point to consider. There are different form factors like mini-ITX, micro-ATX, and ATX. ATX is a prevalent one and is quite large.
In comparison, the mini-ITX is more compatible with smaller-sized computers. The trick is to find an option where both the size and other requirements are fulfilled. Another factor to consider is that the bigger the surface area, the better the airflow. So plan the motherboard size so you can make the right decision.
When you want to build your PC for gaming, the vibe your system gives is essential. The aesthetic appeal mix you wish to use your system more and add more components. The RGB lighting adds to the vibe, making the entire system even prettier.
Connectivity is just as crucial as the overclocking feature of your motherboard. Today a lot of the options on the market include various connectivity ports, Wi-Fi support, M.2 slots, and more. It makes the equipment much more valuable and versatile.
The recommendations mentioned above are the best motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X. However, if we have to pick a winner from this list, it will be the MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi Gaming Motherboard. You get a decent RAM and overclocking speed, sufficient fan headers, PCIe 4.0 slots, M.2 ports, dual channel DDR4 memory, and high-quality audio.
The connectivity features are also quite impressive, and along with Ethernet LAN, the motherboard offers Wi-Fi 6 support too. The 6-layered PCB is excellent for heat dissipation and will help maintain the system’s temperature.
Overall, this gaming motherboard’s performance exceeds its price range and will fulfill most of your requirements.