If you are involved in any Discord gaming community, I’m sure you know the importance of Discord bots. Discord bots are getting increasingly popular with time. They can help with various tasks, like maintaining collaboration between teams, helping with communication between members, scheduling events, delivering notifications, and much more.
When you decide to use a Discord bot for any reason, whether for an individual application or business, you will need to host it on a reliable platform. I will cover the reason behind this in the next section.
My friend recently asked for options for reliable Discord bot hosting platforms, and I decided to do some proper research and compile a list that could be useful for him and other users.
So if you want to know the best Discord bot hosting platforms, please keep reading until this article’s end.
What are the Discord bots?
I will just cover this section briefly so we can move on to the actual topic of the article. A Discord bot is nothing but a tool that can perform various tasks directly on your Discord server.
The main goal behind using a bot is to increase the server’s productivity. A bot does that by collecting necessary information, delivering notifications, moderating conversations, scheduling events, welcoming new team members, and so on.
You can also use the commands to add music, games, memes, etc., to your server. Overall, these are great tools useful for admins and team members alike and can help maintain and communicate within the team.
Why is it important to host the Discord Bot on a reliable platform?
Honestly, there are several reasons why you need to host the Discord bot on a more bot reliable platform. Mentioned below are some of them.
- You will get better server availability with fewer lags and downtimes.
- You’ll be able to utilize exclusive server resources for CPU, RAM, disk space, etc.
- Your server would be protected from any viruses or malicious files.
- You could scale your resources up or down based on your requirements.
- Reliable hosting platforms offer flexible pricing plans.
- You will get good support for migration services. In fact, many hosts do it for free.
- Reliable hosting platforms will offer exceptional customer support whenever you’re stuck somewhere.
Best and Reliable Discord Bot Hosting Platforms
Mentioned below are my top recommendations for the best and most reliable Discord bot hosting platforms you can try out in 2023.
I can vouch for all the recommendations as I have tried and tested them personally.
I will also mention the features so you can pick the ones that are best suitable for your requirements.
So let’s jump right into it.
SomethingHost he’s one of the most popular and highly recommended Discord bot hosting platforms. I had an excellent experience with this platform, and the variety of programming languages available on it is commendable.
Ranging from C++, Java, to even Python, you will get all the bots you need here. Moreover, the control panel on SomethingHost is relatively easy to use.
It might take some time to get the hang of it, but it will help you manage everything that you need to know about your bot.
You will also be able to get all the necessary information and stats, like the total CPU and RAM usage. You can even debug your bot to remove any bugs.
Furthermore, you can host custom web servers in your bot that can be accessed with your custom domain or with a free subdomain.
I will give extra points to them for their excellent customer service. SomethingHost also offers a free SSL certificate for better encryption and security.
However, it is not a free platform, and the plans start from 0.69 Euros per month.
- It is one of the most popular and reliable platforms for hosting Discord Bots.
- They offer a wide variety of programming languages.
- The control panel is straightforward to use.
- You can check essential stats like the total RAM and CPU usage.
- They offer daily backups of all the services.
- The pricing plans start from around 0.69 Euros per month.
- They offer a full money-back guarantee within the first 14 days.
- You get 24/7 dedicated customer support.
- The platform uses strong DDoS filters to detect attacks and prevent downtime.
Heroku is undoubtedly the best discord bot hosting platform you can go for if you’re looking for a free bot hosting provider. Heroku is not just for hosting Discord Bots but can also host websites, web apps, and anything else.
All you have to do is visit the official website and create your account first. However, there is a slight catch with Heroku, and whether you will enjoy hosting on this platform depends on your needs and requirements.
If you simply want to experiment with your Discord bot hosting first, you can use Heroku for free. However, the free version lets you deploy an application, but it will fall asleep after every 30 minutes of inactivity. But if you want your Discord bot hosting server to keep running constantly, you’ll need to go for a paid version.
Another small tip- this is the best discord bot hosting platform if the majority of your bot’s code is available on GitHub.
Heroku has an automatic deploy option, where the code will be pulled from GitHub directly. But make sure the repository is set to private while doing this. Otherwise, your Discord bot token will be on public display.
- It is a reliable platform for hosting Discord bots.
- You can host for free if you want to simply experiment with your bot.
- The pricing plans start from around $5 per month, but other options are available per hour.
- The user interface is friendly and convenient.
- It is best suitable if your Discord Bot’s code is available on GitHub.
- It offers an automatic reply option where the code is pulled from GitHub directly.
I especially prefer SparkedHost because it offers affordable discord bot hosting services. They have plans starting from just $1 per month, where you get 50% CPU, 512MB RAM, 5 GB SD Storage, and more.
The platform is known for keeping its projects online 24/7, and you can expect minimal downtime.
Another factor why I appreciate SparkedHost is that even if you are a non-programmer, you’ll be able to set up your bots quickly with the help of their pre-installed Discord bots. You’ll be able to do it by accessing the custom panels.
They have many features, like DDoS protection, free MySQL database, efficient hardware, guaranteed 99.99% uptime, etc.
I’m honestly quite impressed, and I would highly recommend the SparkedHost hosting platform.
- It is an affordable Discord bot hosting platform.
- The pricing plans start from $1 per month.
- It offers a free MySQL database.
- They have pre-installed Discord bots.
- They offer a 48-hour money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied.
- The support team is always online and ready for help.
- They offer free DDoS protection to ensure safety.
PloxHost is a premium Discord bot hosting platform that works seamlessly. As soon as you visit the website, you will get a premium feel, which extends to the range of high-end features they offer.
They offer plans using which you can get the best out of your bot, whether you want it for video games, music, offering live chat for your website, or anything else. The platform uses an open-source control panel known as the Pterodactyl Panel to manage game servers.
The user interface is stunning and easy to navigate, and the platform has pre-configured bots to help you get started quickly.
The plans they offer start from around $1.25 per month.
- It is a premium platform offering high-end features.
- It uses an open-source control panel to manage game servers.
- The user interface is stunning.
- It supports a wide range of programming languages.
- It offers DDoS protection and PCI compliance for superior security.
- They have pre-configured bots to help you set up easily.
- The platform offers 24/7 customer support.
- You can avail yourself of daily backups, FTP access, SSD storage, premium bandwidth, etc.
- It guarantees 99.9% uptime.
- The plans are affordable and start from just $1.25 per month.
Vultr was recommended to me by a friend, and it is a very reliable hosting service. They offer cloud storage options, which is a distinguishing factor as compared to other options on this list.
The platform lets you take snapshots of your server instance and deploy those in one of its data centers. It works somewhat differently than my other recommendations, making Vultr stand out.
It is a great option, too, if you want to go for colocating servers or if you are okay with someone else managing them.
I will recommend using this platform, especially for businesses who want to amplify their cloud server’s capabilities but want to avoid doing it by themselves.
They do not compromise on security at all and offer different add-ons like firewalls and DDoS protection.
- The platform is secure and reliable.
- It offers the most extensive worldwide network.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- They offer 24/7 technical support.
- The plans start from around $2.5 per month.
- They offer extra security add-ons like firewalls and DDoS protection.
You may have already heard about this platform, as it is one of the most popular hosting options in web development. Many of you might have already used it as well.
Digital Ocean is best known for offering easy-to-use cloud server hosting, and they have quite affordable plans too. Their plans start from around $7 per month, and you get many flexible options.
This hosting platform charges the users based on the time they have used the hosting services.
For example, if you want to experiment with your bot, you can simply create a droplet, perform the necessary testing, and close it.
So you will be charged according to the time you spent on hosting.
The interface is simple and easy to use.
- It is a reliable and well-known platform.
- It offers easy-to-use cloud server hosting.
- Their plans are pretty affordable.
- The platform charges according to the time you use the hosting services.
- They guarantee 99.9% uptime SLA for Droplets and Storage.
If I had to make a list of the best Discord bot hosting platforms and include only three options, PebbleHost would have made it to the list. If your goal is to host a Discord bot on this platform, you can be assured that it will never go down.
PebbleHost supports many frameworks and programming languages, including Java, Python, etc. It guarantees 99% uptime, and they have incredibly affordable pricing plans starting from $3 per month.
The platform also features pre-installed bots and a package manager to help you set up quickly. You can get three MySQL databases for free and 7-day fully automatic backups so that anything deleted by mistake can be restored as soon as possible.
The user interface is easy to navigate, and you do not need any particular technical knowledge to do so. I was stuck in an issue and was impressed by how prompt and quickly the customer service team resolved the problem.
I recommend this platform if you want something easy to use but highly stable.
- You can expect Discord bot hosting 24/7.
- It supports Java, Node, and Python.
- It gives you full FTP file access.
- You get 24/7 technical support.
- It comes with pre-installed bots and a package manager.
- It features automatic 7-day backups.
- You can get the statistics regarding details usage.
- The pricing plans are affordable and start from $3 per month.
8. Amazon EC2
Amazon EC2, or Amazon’s elastic compute cloud, is a great option that makes it convenient for developers to deploy anything.
When you are running your Discord bots, you do not have to worry about any issues, and the platform will let you configure and measure your resource usage properly.
I was especially impressed by the hardware this service uses, which is one of the fastest available in the industry. Amazon EC2 also supports various OS and programming language combinations that you can use for your Discord bots.
You can even scale the capacity according to your server size without running into any issues. Amazon EC2 offers flexible pricing plans and is best suitable if you have large servers.
- The platform makes deploying easy for developers.
- You can measure and configure your resource usage while running your Discord bot.
- It supports a wide variety of programming languages.
- You can scale the capacity according to your server size.
- It offers flexible pricing plans where you only pay for what you use.
- It gives you better control of your Amazon EC2 instances.
- It is best suitable for larger servers.
A cousin of mine recommended XGamingServer, and it is a decent option for hosting Discord bots.
It lets you communicate easily with your community and close friends and performs automatic backups to secure your data from getting deleted. All the backups are stored in Amazon S3 cloud storage.
You need to download the backups directly if you want to recover any files. The platform also has an enhanced file manager, which includes a single-click SFTP launch option.
You can quickly try Discord bot hosting servers, as there are no permanent slots. It’ll get online within 5 minutes as soon as it gets activated.
The control panel is pretty and packed with great features. You do not have to worry about the security factor, as XGamingServer offers DDoS protection against any attacks. The speed is impressive, and I did not face any lag.
XGamingServer has plans starting from $2.58 per month, and you can go for a 2-day free trial before making a final decision.
- It has an easy-to-use dedicated game panel.
- It features automatic cloud backup apps that you can download anytime you want.
- The custom panel lets you access MySQL databases, create schedules, etc.
- You can get 24/7 technical support.
- It takes minimal time to activate a server.
- There are no fixed game slots.
- The platform offers dedicated DDoS protection against attacks.
Kamatera is one platform I was initially unaware of, but I was fortunate enough to come across it during my research. It is a great platform to create servers and deploy Discord servers easily.
This website is best known for offering some of the best hardware according to the price you are paying. They guarantee 99.95% uptime and have been known to stick to it. You can customize the operating system and location according to your requirements.
There is a systematic and convenient control panel to manage and monitor your Discord bots easily. It also supports CRMs, WordPress servers, IoT servers, and VoIP servers.
You can choose your preferred storage mode, like SSD, RAM, data center, etc. The plans start from around $4 per month, but they also offer flexible options hourly. I would highly recommend going for it if you want to manage other servers while managing your Discord Bots simultaneously.
- You get the best quality hardware for the price you pay.
- It is effortless to create servers and deploy Discord servers.
- They have very affordable pricing plans with a 30-day free trial.
- It has a feature-rich and convenient control panel.
- The platform offers 24/7 premium human support.
I have mentioned my top recommendations for the best Discord bot hosting services in this article. And all of them are genuinely solid performers, and you would not be disappointed with any of them.
However, if I have to pay for a single winner among these, it would be PebbleHost. Hosting a Discord bot on this platform is extremely easy, especially with the pre-installed bots and a package manager.
I do not have to worry about backups either, as the platform offers 7-day fully automatic backups.
The user interface is easy to navigate, and I love that the platform provides such affordable pricing plans, considering its incredible features.
You can go to the features of each option to go for the best suitable ones according to your requirements.