With the ongoing pandemic and the impending lockdown worldwide, people have turned to Netflix for entertainment. However, due to this lengthy lockdown, people have watched every single one of their favourite shows and are now looking for more content. But sadly, the shooting of new content has been halted to avoid crowding in public areas.
The good news is there is still so much content on Netflix that it is impossible to go through it in one lifetime. As you might know, Netflix shows different titles in different countries, and not every title is available everywhere. So, all you need to do is change Netflix region and you’ll be able to watch more content.
So now you might be wondering how to change Netflix region as the company wouldn’t make it so easy. Otherwise, they would have made all content available globally in the first place. However, it is not that difficult, and with a few simple steps, you can easily change Netflix region.
The simplest way to change Netflix region is by using a VPN. A VPN is a virtual private network that reroutes your traffic from a different location, tricking the website into believing you are a viewer from that particular location. Using a VPN and changing your location to the country you want to Netflix from, you can access that content.
Change Netflix region
Here is a step-to-step guide of how to change Netflix region or country:
- The first step is to create a Netflix account if you don’t already have one.
- Then you have to install a VPN on your browser.
- Now you have to select the country where you want to view Netflix and wait for it to connect.
- After that, reload your Netflix webpage, and you should be automatically directed to Netflix’s landing page from that location.
- Now you will see a whole new title that you can watch and enjoy.
Now you must be wondering which VPN is the best as there are so many options. You need not worry as we have compiled a list of the best VPNs according to us for you.
NordVPN is one of the safest VPN in the market. It has over2200 servers in 60 different locations making it an ideal choice for Netflix streaming. NordVPN markets its feature of unblocking Netflix in places such as Canada, the US, France, Netherlands, Spain, Australia, UK, Brazil, German, Italy, and India.
It is a fast and secure VPN service that can help you access other streaming websites as well, such as Amazon Prime, HBO, Hulu, etc. NordVPN optimizes its servers for the best video streaming quality and provides instant support if you run into any issue.
- Superb performance in changing Netflix region
- One of the fastest VPN in the market.
- Simultaneous support for up to 6 devices.
- Optimized for specific tasks such as video streaming
- Good privacy and security protocols.
- The desktop app might be slow.
Surfshark is another popular VPN service that specializes in unblocking Netflix content by letting you change netflix region. It can easily unblock Netflix in the US, Japan, UK, India, Netherlands, and France. One of the most unique and beneficial features of this platform is that it provides support for unlimited devices simultaneously.
This VPN service even offers a smart DNS service that can change the network for devices that do not support VPN. It will automatically modify DNS services in those devices and help you access unrestricted Netflix content.
- Unblock Netflix in the US, UK, India, and more.
- It provides support for unlimited connection.
- It has a standalone smart DNS service.
- Surfshark accepts Bitcoin as a payment method.
- Relatively smaller server network in few countries.
- You might face slow server issues.
Express VPN is another popular VPN based out of the British Virgin Islands. It has a massive number of servers of 1500 in over 94 countries. This feature makes it ideal to change Netflix region as you get considerably more options. It can easily unblock Netflix in the US, Japan, UK, Canada, France, and other countries. As there are multiple servers available in the same country, you can easily switch between them if you run into some problems.
- Highly reliable VPN that can help you access Netflix content from different locations.
- It does not cap your bandwidth while streaming or downloading.
- It has robust privacy and security protocols.
- It has one of the largest numbers of servers in different countries.
- It is more expensive than other VPNs.
Covering a total of 56 countries, PrivateVPN is one of the best options available in the market when you want to change Netflix region. The sheer number of countries this VPN covers ensures that you never run out of a wide variety of content to watch.
Using PrivateVPN, you can easily access content from countries like the USA, Brazil, UK, Japan, and Italy, amongst others. This VPN also unlocks your content from providers like BBC iPlayer, Prime Videos, and Hulu, to name a few. Not only is this VPN uncompromising on speed when it comes down to buffering, but it is also as reliable as it can get.
Moreover, it also offers you a choice between 128-bit and 256-bit high-level encryption, making sure that your security doesn’t compromise under any circumstance. It also comes with an automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection as additional security measures.
Here are some pros and cons of PrivateVPN
- It covers over 56 countries.
- No compromise on speed and reliability.
- A choice between 128-bit and 256-bit high-level encryption.
- Multiple security layers
- Also unlocks BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and other web streaming websites
- No logs policy that protects your data from ever leaking.
- Allows you to link up to five devices.
- Very few servers
- It lacks round the clock customer support
After spending a fortune on Netflix and other streaming website subscriptions, it’s understandable if you’re looking for an economical method to unlock geo-restricted content with the best services. Hotspot Shield is one such option that comes with more than 3,200 servers spread over 70 countries, becoming one of the largest VPNs in terms of the number of servers.
Backed with 256-bit AES encryption and wifi protection in mobile phones, this VPN also supports a kill switch and DNS and WebRTC leak protection.
Despite coming for such a low cost, Hotspot Shield comes loaded with features that will help you enjoy non-stop entertainment. Let’s look at Hotspot Shield’s pros and cons.
- Over 3,200 servers spread over 70 countries, including the USA, Sweden, UK, and Spain, amongst others.
- Optimum security to protect you from data leaks and malicious cyber attacks.
- Available for Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS with support for five devices.
- 24*7 customer support for a quick resolution to customer queries.
- While minimum and untraceable, Hotspot Shield saves logs.
- It doesn’t support Linux or routers.
The subscriptions to all our favourite streaming websites already cost a fortune. Imagine having to spend extra to unlock geo-blocked Netflix content. Well, while the thought is like a nightmare, you don’t have to do it. You can use one of the options mentioned above and start binge-watching on international entertainment content without shelling a fortune from your own pocket.
However, no matter how tempting free VPNs may sound, they are not worth your effort and time. They cannot be trusted or come with some hidden flaws that you realize after it’s too late already. You can select one of the options listed below as all of these have been tried to change Netflix region and have shown remarkable results.