Windows users know how important Microsoft Outlook is for them, mostly for those who use it for the purpose of work and study. But there are various bugs and issues with the Outlook app, one of them being [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] which keeps bugging the user.
Although, it can be fixed and is not a permanent issue, therefore we have decided to list down all the working solution to fix the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error code in Microsoft outlook.
So before getting started with the solutions, let us find out what causes this error?
Why [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] Error Occurs?
There can be various reasons behind the pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7 error code, some of them are:
- Managing two or more than two email accounts within the same outlook applications.
- The files or registry of the outlook app may have corrupted due to conflicts with third-party software.
- Connection issues with the SMTP server
- Corrupted cache files.
These were some of the common reasons for the pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7 error, so let’s start fixing the problem.
How to Fix [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] Error Code
1. Reinstall Microsoft Outlook
Sometimes, the program files may corrupt or get deleted, due to this program may behave weirdly and display errors while performing any operation. In such cases, developers recommend installing the software once again.
We will do the same with Microsoft Outlook, follow the procedure below, and find out how:
- Head over to the control panel from settings.
- Select the program and features option
- Search for Microsoft office 365 and uninstall it. All of the applications that are a part of Microsoft office 365 will be deleted from your system.
- Now launch Microsoft store and search for Microsoft office 365 and download it directly from the store.
- Once done, login with your account and see if the error pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7 still persists.
If you are still facing the error, try out the other solutions listed below.
2. Clear Temp files
Another working method to solve pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7 is by deleting off the temporary files which are created for each and every program that you use on your windows computer.
Such files are of no use and can be deleted whenever an application is causing an error. In order to delete temp files, you need to follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- A dialogue box will open, now type in %temp% to open the temp folder where all of the temporary files of programs are stored.
- Press CTRL + A to select all of these files and now press shift + delete to permanently delete these files.
- Some of the files will fail to delete, you can avoid them and delete those which can be deleted.
- Now go to the desktop and launch outlook, try sending an email to your friend or a different email account.
- In most cases, the issue will be resolved and you won’t see the pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7 error code again.
But if you are still facing this issue, the other solutions might work.
3. Update Windows
The majority of the windows issues are caused by an outdated version of windows. We know windows update can be mischievous sometimes, but believe me, it can solve half of your problems without wasting any of your time.
Even I used to hate windows updates and completely turned off the update service from the settings, but later started facing issues with the audio drivers, mouse drivers, and even the network drivers.
That’s when I decided to turn on the updates and try the latest version and guess what? All of the issues that I was facing, vanished!
If you too have turned off Windows Updates completely, it’s time to turn them on and check for updates.
Do not worry about bugs, as if you start facing any major issues, there is an option to rollback to the previous version of windows. I didn’t roll back to the previous version in my case, and I don’t think you would too.
The updates solve major bugs and issues in the Microsoft programs, therefore, you can update windows and get rid of the pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7 error code.
4. Try out the web version
Now don’t tell me you didn’t know that the web version of Microsoft Outlook existed!!! It does and it’s pretty amazing, even I use the web version mostly, and it works flawlessly.
- Head over to this link.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using the credentials.
- Use the cloud version of Microsoft office 365 without having to download the apps.
Simple, isn’t it?
5. Use Alternative
I know you must be wondering how to access the Microsoft Outlook email account on your phone?
Well, pretty simple.
You can either use the Gmail app and sign in to your Outlook account or simply use the Microsoft Outlook app. Moreover, you can contact the Microsoft support team and tell them about this issue if it keeps happening with the Microsoft Outlook app.
Here’s a direct link to contact them
The pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7 is not the only error code that’s troubling the outlook users but there are dozens of such error codes. Microsoft outlook is really important tool for windows users but due to such bugs, it makes it difficult to work with ease.
If you too are tired of this error code and want to permanently fix it, try the above-mentioned methods, and if none of the solutions worked, get help from Microsoft customer care.