World of Warcraft is the backbone of MMORPG games and has completed over 16 years of its existence. If you have been looking for games like world of warcraft, you have come across the right page, as we share a list of 12 Best Games like World of Warcraft You Can Play in 2020.
So, without wasting much time of yours, let us discover free games like wow!!
12 Best Games like World of Warcraft
When it comes to free games like World of Warcraft, Warframe is undoubtedly one of the best games out there. Warframe is a third-person shooter game that comes in the genre of Massive Multiplayer Online games.
Some of its features which make it worthy of being an alternative of games like WoW are:
- You get to be an ancient warrior who’s at war with other organizations.
- It offers action-focused gameplay with great gaming experience.
- It has tons of different characters within the game, which can be chosen and customized as you wish.
- Each of those characters has distinct abilities, which spices up the game a lot.
- Warframe is free, and you can play this game with your friends whenever you want.
Rift is considered as a game, which might replace and surpass games like World of War soon, which makes It the best replacement free games like World of Warcraft. The game is also one of the biggest Massive Multiplayer Online games, with multiple servers.
Some of its features which make it worthy of surpassing or replacing games like WoW are:
- Similar to other MMO action games, you will be a warrior in the game who’s at war with other factions.
- As you play the game, you get to choose different characters and customize them by gathering different resources.
- This game offers endless adventure in different dimensions with superhero warriors just like WOW.
- You get to choose which side you want to fight from and build your character.
- Rift is free and can be played with your friends on the same server.
3. Path of Exile
The Path of Exile is one of the most famous names when it comes to the Dark Fantasy genre. It went viral quickly when its beta version was released back in 2013, and it is one of the best replacements you can find for a free game like WoW. Despite being an MMO action-game, you can play this game in PvP mode too, which allows you to fight in a one on one fight with your opponent.
Some of its features are:
- You get to explore the large areas where you find dungeons and monster-infested caves.
- You fight monsters and dark forces to collect experience points.
- These points help you build your character.
- One of the best features of this game is you can choose to be a rogue warrior, and go on solo missions or you can team-up with other people too.
- Path of Exile is also free and can be played instead of a game like WOW.
Tera is wildly popular, as it was built by the Bluehole Studio Inc., the same studio responsible for one of the most famous games, PlayerUnknown’s Battleground (PUBG).
It is deeply inspired by World of Warcraft, which makes it a perfect replacement for games like World of Warcraft, but it has its revolution in the genre.
Here are some of its amazing features that might help you if you are planning to play this game:
- It has over 80 zones within the game.
- Visuals and graphic of the game are top-notch, and it gives you the best gaming experience.
- In Tera, you have to choose amongst 12 playable classes and 7 races to travel all the open worlds and its dungeons.
- It doesn’t just offer MMO, but it has PvP mode too.
- It is available for free, and you can play this game with your friends too.
5. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Final Fantasy XIV is considered to be one of the best games like World of Warcraft as it offers almost everything World of Warcraft does. But at the same time, it has some special things to offer too. Final Fantasy XIV can be played online on your browser too.
But it is just a trial version of the game. This helps you review the game once before downloading it.
Some other features of Final Fantasy XIV are:
- You can build your character after winning battles over your enemy.
- Its graphic visuals are realistic, and it gives you a very good experience.
- The story of the Final Fantasy XIV is what plays the most important role in this game.
- You get to play this game’s trial version before playing the actual game, which can make it a lot easier for you to decide whether you want to play Final Fantasy XIV or not.
- Its browser version is a free trial, but it is not available for free.
6. Blade and Soul
Blade and Soul is so much similar to World of Warcraft that it is also called a Korean version of WoW. The visuals and gameplay are almost the same to WoW, and the gaming experience of Blade and Soul makes it one of the perfect alternatives to games like World of Warcraft.
Features of Blade and Soul are:
- It has two groups divided, Cerulean Order and Crimson Legion, who are at war with each other.
- Just like World of Warcraft, it has quests and numbers of open worlds left to be explored too.
- The visuals of this game are too good and realistic.
- There are some paid features in the game, but that doesn’t affect its gameplay much.
- With all the features same as World of Warcraft, unlike it, Blade and Soul is available for free as well.
7. Elder Scrolls Online
Elder Scroll franchise has been in the game of RPG genre for a very long time and has been dominating this industry for too long now. This franchise is famous for making the best games with the best graphics. Elder Scrolls Online is also a dark fantasy game that resembles games like World of Warcraft.
Some awesome features of this game are:
- While playing this game, you get to choose between three organizations and fight for that organization with others.
- This game offers a lot to explore, and it gets better as you dive more into the game.
- As you explore and wander around, you get to customize your character, which unlocks the special abilities of your character.
- This game is not available for free, but it is one of the best alternatives for games like World of Warcraft out there.
8. Age of Conan
Age of Conan is one of the rivals of all the games like World of Warcraft. The Age of Conan offers almost the same gaming elements as WoW and resembles it perfectly. Except for the fact that it is free and some low-quality visual effects, there is almost no difference between WoW and Age of Conan.
Some features of this game are:
- You get to pick your destiny according to what you like, leading the life of a sorcerer or a warrior.
- Complete quests and explore the world to unlock your character’s skills.
- You get your unique characteristics according to what class you choose.
- This game is completely free and resembles games like World of Warcraft perfectly.
9. Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 offers you different gameplay than games like World of Warcraft, but it has somewhat similar gaming experience as World of Warcraft. If you are looking for a unique storyline with a better gaming experience, you should go ahead and download Guild Wars 2.
Some features that might help you understand Guild Wars 2 properly are:
- This game offers 9 unique classes with 5 different races. You get your unique abilities by choosing between these classes and races.
- As you go further in the story your character grows gradually and develops his/her unique abilities.
- The graphics and visuals of the game are top-notch.
- Guild Wars is available for free to be downloaded.
10. The Secret World
The Secret World is an MMORPG, which is one of the best replacements for games like World of Warcraft. In this game, players experience a dark world where war is held against supernatural powers.
In this adventurous game, you go through all the darkness of battle and fight for their life, exploring the unknown mysteries of the world.
Some features of The Secret World are:
- You get to fight the supernatural forces with your unique abilities and a wide range of weapons.
- You get to explore the mysteries of evil while improving and customizing your skills.
- The Secret World deals with a dark storyline that is filled with unique missions and emotional phases.
- This game is available for free and can be played in PvP mode too.
Neverwinter is an action MMORPG, which is considered as one of the best rivals of games like World of Warcraft. It is mostly famous for its epic story, and it serves you with the best combat experience with the best roleplay.
Some of the features of Neverwinter are:
- In the game, you get to choose one of the races just as you get in the games like World of Warcraft.
- You get the unique features of your character according to your race.
- It gives you the full gaming experience of the world of Dungeons and Dragons.
- Neverwinter is available for free and can be downloaded in both MMO and PvP modes.
Skyforge as a replacement of games like World of Warcraft is a great game except that it offers more of a sci-fi setup instead of an ancient warlike situation. This is also an MMORPG game that comes with great visuals and a powerful storyline.
Some exciting features of Skyforge are:
- You get to be an immortal warrior or a god who needs to protect his world from his enemies.
- Its visuals are stunning and realistic, which improves your combat experience.
- A unique feature of Skyforge is that you get to change your class each time you log in to the game.
- Skyforge is also available for free to download.
So, here ends our list of free games like WoW, I hope this has helped you to discover some amazing MMORPG games. We have listed down 12 best games like World of Warcraft, penned down a brief description of the game along with its features.
If you have some more suggestions that you think can fit this list, please drop a comment.