I have always been a major fan of the show Spongebob, and I am sure I am not the only one. This cartoon character is famous worldwide and has become a staple. It is also one of the longest-running shows, and I have hardly ever missed them.
One of my all-time favorite episodes is the second one from Season 2, “Something Smells.” The one in which Spongebob made a Sunday with ketchup, onion, and the peanut plant, always cracks me up. And the way his breath was shown as a foul green gas was iconic.
And it’s not just the main character SpongeBob SquarePants who is loved by the fans. All the other characters, like Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, etc, have gained a lot of popularity too.
And after hearing the voice of the characters for so long, it has become easy to recognize them.
But what if I say that you can hear any custom text in the voice of Spongebob characters?
Sounds too good to be true, isn’t it?
But yes, that is precisely what I will discuss in this article. This topic came up while discussing my friend was discussing something related to his work, and he was looking for tools and websites that could convert any text to speech in SpongeBob’s voice.
He asked me for help, and I started researching about it on the internet.
But before naming the best Spongebob voice to text speech generator websites, let me cover the basics briefly.
Also Read: Best Online AI Editor Websites
What is a Spongebob Voice to Text speech Generator?
How cool would it be if you could hear the Spongebob characters’ voices speak out anything you type?
Technology is evolving with time, and dreams are no longer just wishes. A lot of them are coming true.
And now AI models have made it possible to make Spongebob say anything you want.
There are multiple online websites and apps that are able to convert custom text to the voices of Spongebob characters within just a few minutes.
If you are wondering about the application of these generators, it is an excellent option for people who are in the field of creating movies, videos, and other similar projects.
Content creators can also use these websites when they want to create videos to showcase a unique voice for the characters in the video or if they want to use the voices of famous cartoon characters.
When I heard that doing this was possible, I was too excited to try it out. And fortunately, I do have my favorites.
Most of the Spongebob voice-to-text speed generator websites follow the same working process, where you have to specify a particular message, and the tool will convert the text into speech in the voice of Spongebob characters.
What I love about these websites is that the voices are pretty accurate, and you will hardly be able to spot any difference.
Plus, they are pretty versatile. You will not only get to experience SpongeBob’s voice but also generate the voices of the other characters, including Patrick Star, Squidward, Sandy Cheeks, and so on.
Now, let’s move on to my recommendations for the best Spongebob voice-to-text speech generator websites.
3 Best Spongebob Voice to Text Speech Generator Websites
All of these websites do an incredible job, and I was genuinely amazed by the results. And when I showed them to my friend, even he had difficulty differentiating when he learned that the voices were not authentic.
So let us get into the list of recommendations.
Uberduck is one of the first Spongebob voice-to-text speech generator websites I used, and I was impressed from the very start. One of the best advantages of using this website is that it can also generate the voices of other characters, like Patrick, Squidward, and Plankton.
The interface is quite user-friendly, and even though I felt that there could be a bit more improvement on the tone and pitch variation, it was still pretty amazing to experience it.
This website will also be helpful for you if you are a developer and need free text-to-speech functionality for your project.
However, there is just one little thing that can bother you when you are in a hurry. You have to create a user account before you can use this online tool.
You can use your Gmail account or even your Discord account to sign up on the website.
Here are the steps you can follow to generate Spongebob voice on Uberduck.
1. Visit the official Uberduck website and create your user account. Ensure you perform this step since the site will not accept the text you provide as input until you sign up.
2. Once the signup process is complete, log in to your account and enter your text in the “Enter text to synthesize” box.
The message you enter here will be generated in the Spongebob voice as a final result.
3. In the “Choose a voice” box, you’ll see that the website has divided the categories into the titles of anime, games, movies, etc.
And once you select the title you want, it will show you the available characters you can use.
In this particular test, you can select the SpongeBob SquarePants category and then the character whose voice you want to generate.
4. That’s it.
Now once you click on the “Synthesize” button, the website will generate your message in SpongeBob’s voice.
Uberduck does not offer a permalink to the generated voice. But you can still listen to it online and download it in a WAV file format on your device.
- The website is free to use.
- You have to create a user account before using the voice-to-text speech-generating functionality.
- It can generate the voice of other Spongebob characters as well.
- It has plenty of categories and voices to explore.
- The process of converting your message into speech is simple.
- You can download the generated voice to your device in a WAV file.
Another absolute favorite, 15.ai is one of the best SpongeBob voice-to-text speech generator websites to go for if you appreciate a simple and beginner-friendly user interface.
Honestly, the output quality of the voice generated, and the time it takes to convert text to speech make it a clear winner. You will literally be amazed at how accurate the generated voice sounds.
However, the only reason I would cut some marks is that the website does not have a wide range of characters to choose from, so you have limited options.
This website does a fabulous job at generating voices accurately, even when the sentence structure is complex.
I absolutely loved the quality of the generated voice, and the website even offers you around three variations for the snippet of text.
Plus, you do not even have to log in or create any user account to use 15.ai.
Another exciting feature is that you can see the duration for which a particular model has been trained. From that data, you can derive the quality of the text-to-speech.
The higher the time spent on training a model, the better will be the speech quality.
Here are the steps you can follow to generate a Spongebob voice for your custom message.
1. Visit the official 15.ai website. You will directly land on the necessary page, and there is no need to create an account.
2. Select your preferred cartoon title from the source. And you can then choose the particular character from the drop-down menu for the “Character” field. Since we are talking about generating Spongebob’s voice, you can select his character.
3. You will see a box below where you need to type in your custom message.
4. Once you are done typing in the custom text, you can then click on the “Generate” button.
Your custom message will be generated into Spongebob’s voice within just a few seconds. And if I have not mentioned it enough already, it is mind-blowing how accurate the voice is.
- The website does not require any kind of sign-up or login.
- The interface is straightforward.
- The tool is entirely free and does not contain any ads.
- It is extremely fast in processing text-to-speech.
- You can select from thousands of voices to convert your text into speech quickly.
FakeYou is a popular website for converting custom text into celebrity voices. And it even offers the option to convert specific text into a voice for SpongeBob.
This website makes use of deep fake technology to generate the voice. And I will not say that there are absolutely no differences, but it is very subtle.
The website is free to use and was earlier known as Vocodes. The website claims that it rebranded itself since the old name was silly.
Well, I don’t think the name of the tool matters as much as its performance. And when I talk about performance, the tool performs well enough to establish a spot on this list.
The steps are pretty simple to follow, and here is what you need to do.
1. Visit the official FakeYou website.
2. Navigate to the ‘Create TTS’ section. You will see a ‘Category/Language’ field, which contains various categories to choose from, like cartoons, games, anime, movies, musicians, and many more.
If you want to generate SpongeBob’s voice, you will need to select the cartoons category.
3. Next, you can select the cartoon title you want to use. You can select SpongeBob SquarePants in this scenario.
4. The ‘Voice’ field has a drop-down menu for you to choose the character whose voice you want to generate the text in. The best part is that you will get almost all the characters from the show, and you can choose whichever you prefer.
5. There is another box below where you must specify the text for which you want to generate the voice.
6. Once you are done, you can click on the ‘Speak’ button to generate the result. You can listen to the voice online and even download it as a WAV file on your device.
Another exciting feature that I would like to mention about this tool is that once the result is generated, you can even increase or decrease the playback speed of the generated audio.
- The website does not require any sign-up.
- There is a comprehensive list of categories to choose from, including anime, movies, games, etc.
- The conversion from text to speech is completed within a few seconds.
- You can download the generated audio for free as a WAV file.
- You can increase or decrease the playback speed of the output audio.
The three tools mentioned above are my top 3 choices for the best Spongebob voice-to-text speech generator websites. All of them perform exceedingly well in converting any snippet of custom text into the voice of any Spongebob character.
It is hard to pick a favorite when all of them are excellent performers. But if I absolutely have to, it would be 15.ai.
The range of characters in this tool might be less than in Uberduck.ai, and it might not contain all the features of FakeYou.
But the voice it generates is absolutely accurate, and it is tough to differentiate between the voice generated by the tool and the voice of the original character.
Uberduck.ai comes close and does a fantastic job too. But the only issue is it requires you to sign up and create a new account before you can use the tool.
I hope the article has been helpful to you and I am sure you won’t be disappointed, irrespective of which tool you use among the three.