Email marketing automation is a great way to boost your visibility and get more leads. If you want to grow your business, you will require an excellent automated email service that’s easy to use, affordable, and will turn your leads into customers. It enhances your work productivity and efficiency.
An automated email campaign is a series of emails that are sent automatically to your subscribers when they perform some action. Email automation offers a great way to handle repetitive marketing processes.
Email Marketing Automation is one of those things that can give you lots of features without costing you much effort on a day-to-day basis.
In this post, we’re sharing with you the best email marketing automation software that you can use to grow your business revenue.
These tools will help you get more work done faster. Also, it will save time and money. Instead of sending the same email repeatedly to subscribers or your website visitors, you can just run an automated email campaign with the right automation tools.
So here is the list.
- Best Email Marketing Automation Tools
- 1 – OptinMonster
- 2 – Sendinblue
- 3 – AWeber
- 4 – Ontraport
- 5 – MailerLite
- 6 – MailChimp
- 7 – Zoho Campaigns
- 8 – Email on Acid
- 9 – GetResponse
- 10 – SendPulse
- 11 – ActiveTrail
- 12 – ActiveCampaign
- 13 – GIST
- 14 – SendGrid
- 15 – WebEngage
- 16 – Omnisend
- 17 – ShortStack
- 18 – Aritic
- 19 – Jumplead
- 20 – Campaigner
- 21 – Mailjet
- 22 – Benchmark Email
- 23 – Autopilot
- 24 – MoonMail
- 25 – Bronto
- Final Words
Best Email Marketing Automation Tools
1 – OptinMonster
OptinMonster is the best tools to automate your conversion optimization process. Using this email list building tool, you can capture leads and convert your website traffic into subscribers or paying customers.
OptinMonster helps you to build high converting forms for your websites and landing pages within a few minutes.
OptinMonster is being used by some of the largest brands in the world including McAfee, Experian, TripAdvisor, Pinterest, Harvard University, Pateron, and more.
- Detect your visitors’ behavior
- Always display the right campaign to the right person at the right time
- Create special offers and promotions for returning visitors
- Create device-specific popups
- AdBlock detection
- Seamless integrations
2 – Sendinblue
Sendinblue is the best email marketing automation tool that combines both email marketing services as well as SMS messages.
It boasts a workflow-based automation feature. Sendinblue helps you trigger campaign actions using your visitor’s email and website engagement, assign lead scores, automatically send transaction messages, and a lot more.
This tool is the best fit for all types of organizations and sizes.
- Sends an automated message for specific actions and preferences
- Create attractive campaigns
- Gain email list
- Increase conversion for your business
- Send SMS for your business just like you send emails
- Create clean and professional newsletters
- Measure performance
3 – AWeber
AWeber is a reliable automated email service that provides a range of features and tools that help small to medium-sized businesses to grow.
Its Follow Up feature lets you follow up your subscribers without any hassle. You can automate this task easily. AWeber has a user-friendly interface that can well be integrated with other applications on your website.
With this tool, you get things like A/B testing, email analytics and conversion tracking. It also comes with a mobile app so that you can send emails on-the-go.
- Automatically create amazing-looking emails
- Design landing pages
- Drag and drop email creation
- Free template library
- Automate emails and campaigns
- Personalize communications
- Ensure message hits the inbox only
- Pre-built reports
- Build and manage the lists of contacts.
4 – Ontraport
Ontraport is best known as a customer relationship management tool first, and email marketing platform second.
With its automation feature, you can write, design and schedule emails for your campaigns. It offers services like email and SMS marketing, content management, CRM, billing and online payments, etc.
This email automation software is cost-effective for enterprises with large contact lists of more than 50,000 subscribers.
Ontraport assigns customers and leads based on various criteria such as interests, behaviour, lead score, and more.
- Email and SMS campaign builder
- Create an amazing landing page and digital ads
- Integrated with CRM, e-Commerce, and marketing automation tools
- Visual campaign performance reporting tool
- Live reporting
- Collaborate with other users
- Excellent email deliverability
5 – MailerLite
MailerLite is one of the best email automation tools, which is simple, easy-to-use, and offers great flexibility.
The software is free for sending up to 12,000 emails/month to less than 1,000 contacts.
Setting up automation is straightforward, with an easy workflow editor that lets you set up multi-step campaigns.
- Create emails and campaigns
- Tracking of emails sent/opened and links clicked
- Deliverability rates and delivery by time zone
- Create mailing lists from scratch, or you can upload a bulk list via a CSV file
- A/B split testing
- Target and segment subscribers automatically
- Personalization options available
- Reporting and analysis
- Link to your social media accounts when you send emails
- eCommerce tools
- CRM integrations
6 – MailChimp
MailChimp is our next recommended Email Marketing Automation software for small business or a blogger.
The tool comes with pre-built templates and ready-made segments that you can use to design your emails.
Another perk is, with Mailchimp’s free plan, you can send up to 10,000 emails a month, and add up to 2,000 subscribers to your list.
- Send a welcome sequence to new subscribers
- Follow up on purchases
- Reward frequent buyers
- Re-engage with inactive customers
- Deliver relevant messages to your customers
- Schedule emails
- Reach out to people on birthdays or anniversaries.
7 – Zoho Campaigns
To achieve behaviour-targeted and data-driven emails for your buyers, Zoho Campaigns are the right choice.
With this tool, you can visualize how your audience engages with your emails and pass the baton to automation by creating content and defining triggers.
Zoho Campaigns let you send a series of action-based emails or an email for a special occasion.
- Engage your audience with personalized and behaviour-centric emails
- Send a series of emails as well as build a criteria-based email journey
- Drag-and-drop workflow builder
- Nurture and engage your leads and contacts
- Automate contact follow-up at the right time
8 – Email on Acid
One of the best parts about Email on Acid that may attract you is it lets you preview your email and send it from your email service provider. Alternatively, you can also upload your HTML to their system.
The software lets you deliver error-free emails with the push of a button. It’s a great email and landing page testing tool that allows you to check the compatibility of your emails in multiple email clients. You can preview how your email looks on mobile phones, tablets, and other devices.
- Remove the manual review process of emails
- Preview emails
- URL validation
- Blacklist verifications
- Accessibility checks
- Create optimized, error-free messages
- Ensure your emails land in every inbox
9 – GetResponse
GetResponse is another fully-featured email automation software that enables you to design flexible processes that support your unique business model.
It offers advanced automation such as triggered campaigns, segmentation, tagging and data updates. It also remembers subscriber behaviours you want to encourage and follow up.
GetResponse will also help you to create responsive templates to design your landing pages.
- Use pre-built automation workflows for your specific goal
- Intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- Capture and convert new leads
- Create automation events based on user behaviour
- Add a personal touch to every message
- Create paths designed for the specific needs of your customers
- Track customer actions
- Automatically recommend products
10 – SendPulse
What makes SendPulse unique from other email marketing automation tools is that it offers seven different kinds of automated emails, including registration, abandoned carts, confirmation, purchase, custom event, feedback, or re-engagement.
It provides solutions for multiple channels of communication with prospects and customers — email, SMS, web push notifications, Facebook chatbots.
Their free mail plan allows an email list of up to 2,500 subscribers and up to 15,000 emails per month.
- Automated emails
- Trigger campaigns
- Subscription forms
- Drag and drop editor
- Transactional emails
- Campaign analytics
- Free email templates
- A/B testing
11 – ActiveTrail
ActiveTrail is an excellent email marketing platform, newsletter software and marketing automation software. It provides a multichannel platform for authorized email marketing, landing pages, surveys, lead management and more.
With their A/B testing module, companies send email to a limited number of users first to see how they respond to it. ActiveTrail offering its services in multiple languages, including English, German, French, and Hebrew.
- Real-time data/analytics tracking
- A/B testing
- Timed Email Delivery
- Visual automation builder
- Users receive specific messages based on their behaviour
- Dynamic segmentation
- Implement smart code on your website or landing pages, to track user behaviour
12 – ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign is another name in the list of email automation tools. It is one of the most popular email marketing tools with over 90,000 small businesses customers.
The tool helps businesses build stronger relationships through targeting. It allows you to send your potential customers exactly what they want to see, which generally converts into a lead.
ActiveCampaign lets you create powerful automated marketing and sales processes. Get to know about the needs and interests of individual contacts.
- Marketing automation
- Email marketing
- Smart autoresponders
- Find your most engaged contacts
- Integrate your favourite apps
- Drag-and-drop automation builder
- Make sure the right people get the right information
- Website Visitor Tracking
- Subscriber Management
13 – GIST
Gist may not be as popular as other Email Marketing Automation tools, but it’s a great email communication platform that organizations actualize their online marketing goals.
Using this marketing automation software, you can filter your email contacts based on how they behave or interact with your site.
Moreover, they offer different email campaign options for SaaS, e-commerce, and service-based businesses which is obviously the best part.
- Intuitive visual workflow builder
- Communicate with your audience with even greater precision through filters
- Create custom automation by defining your trigger rules and desired consequences
- Pre-Made Automations
- Import workflows from other Gist members
- Email and SMS communications
- Predict performance and visualize results
14 – SendGrid
Here comes our next pick, which is SendGrid. Its intuitive workflows leverage automation triggers. SendGrid is the best email tool for developers with complex requirements plus a desire for great code and flexibility.
Its automation functionality enables you to deliver welcome emails with an onboarding series, nurture attendees ahead of an event, and follow up with leads who interact with content.
You can send automated emails or time-based drip series using triggers you define.
- Create personalized experiences
- Automate time-based drip series
- View aggregate performance of your automation
- Automated emails
- Easily update subject lines and content in real-time
- Email testing
15 – WebEngage
Using WebEngage, you can engage users with tailored emails at the right moment, fostering brand loyalty.
It’s a multi-channel user engagement platform that automates communication between the website visitor and the chat operator.
Marketers can connect with the people visiting their website through various digital channels such as push notifications, emails, web messages including survey, feedback and notification, and text messages.
- Personalization of messaging
- Create campaigns based on who the user is
- Analyze the segments in real-time
- Intuitive drag-and-drop email builder
- Fetch real-time data from any source such as your CRM system to create hyper-personalized emails
- A/B test campaigns
- Easy integration with email service providers
16 – Omnisend
Omnisend comes with pre-built automation workflow templates that are designed, keeping in mind the best eCommerce practices.
Using this tool, you can send personalized messages to your customers. Smart triggers let you automate your communication with your customers based on their buyer journey.
Moreover, you can add several channels to the same automation workflow: email, SMS, push notifications, Facebook Messenger, and more.
- Email & SMS marketing automation
- Combine multiple channels using a single platform
- Pre-built workflows
- Ready-made sets of friendly emails
- Drive more sales by suggesting more recommended products
- A/B split testing
- Track real-time performance
17 – ShortStack
Using ShortStack automated email service, you can send automated emails instantly when someone fills out your form, or schedule emails to send on a later date.
The tool is specifically built for engagement, lead collection and marketing automation. It helps to acquire customers and increase sales and revenue. Moreover, it allows you to design landing pages, create forms, and run contests and promotions.
There’s an excellent option for filtering email recipients that ensure the right people get to see your emails.
- Engage leads using scheduled emails
- Send a confirmation email automatically
- Filter email recipients
- Engage your new subscribers
- Trigger actions with a click
- Collect entries and send emails all in one place
- Set up emails in minutes with templates
- Build quality lists with double opt-in
18 – Aritic
Aritic is a full-stack marketing automation tool and provides functionalities other than email marketing automation. The software allows organizations to send customized emails to different segments, and schedule emails, for increased customer engagement.
It ensures that your emails are secure and are sent and delivered to the customers’ inboxes means a higher probability of a higher number of click and open rate.
The intelligent autoresponder feature enables sending automated replies to emails based on specific predefined behavioural triggers.
- Email Campaign Management
- Build actionable workflows
- Device responsive personalized templates
- Gather right lead
- Contact segmentation
- Create landing pages
19 – Jumplead
Jumplead is the best marketing tool that turns website visitors into leads and then nurtures them until they become paying customers.
It is a one-stop solution for everything from lead tracking to CRM, analytics, and automation.
Jumplead offers a selection of business tools so that a single software can fulfil all your inbound marketing automation needs. The tool gives you complete control of your customer journey and understanding of your lead’s interactions.
- Create and send email campaigns
- Complete campaign activity reporting
- Create and update contacts
- Email marketing tools
- Marketing automation
- Create a landing page and web form
- Marketing analytics
- CRM tool for managing your contacts
20 – Campaigner
Campaigner is a very popular email marketing automation software that enables small, medium and large businesses to strengthen customer relationships and drive sales.
It’s an ideal solution for organizations that want to use customer data to build personalized and automated interactions via email.
The data-driven automation allows you to send emails based on event triggers automatically.
Campaigner is good at capturing new subscribers, nurturing your leads, and converting them into paying customers.
- Powerful email automation
- Visual drag and drop builder to create email automation workflows
- Build workflows around behavioural segments
- Create conditional workflows
- Send a personalized email to each subscriber
- Supports conditional content, dynamic content, and custom fields
- Test anything from subject lines and from-names, to design, call-to-action, content and delivery times
- 24/7 support
21 – Mailjet
Mailjet lets you create email templates that fit your needs. It offers basic tools for marketing automation, though you can stretch them out with some creativity.
Also, with this tool, you can communicate easily and work collaboratively to build effective email marketing campaigns. The platform allows real-time collaboration feature for seamless collaboration if you work with a team.
Mailjet offers the most advanced drag-and-drop editor for creating email newsletters, welcome emails, drip sequences or campaigns.
- Email automation
- Email marketing templates for personalization
- List management
- Real-time statistics
- Advanced segmentation
- Dynamic content blocks
- A/B testing
22 – Benchmark Email
Our next pick is Benchmark Email that offers a strong portfolio of tools, including effective visual automation, smooth A/B testing, and good analytics.
This email marketing tool is used to design responsive emails that look great on every device. Its drag and drop email builder comes with a built-in photo editing tool that lets you enhance your images, change your font, add effects, and do more.
Moreover, it offers a selection of pre-designed email templates based on industry, type and occasion.
- Email marketing automation
- Segmentation, tagging, autoresponders, drip campaigns
- Automated customer journey funnels
- CRM integration
- Track user activity
- Follow-up at the perfect time
23 – Autopilot
Autopilot is an easy-to-use, visual marketing automation solution that helps companies of all sizes create automated journeys for their customers.
This tool helps you to create your own text-based emails. You can choose any pre-designed template, or design from scratch using the drag and drop editing too.
It also offers multi-channel marketing capabilities including email, in-app, SMS, online and snail-mail communications.
Autopilot comes with other features such as measuring campaign ROI (return on investment) and optimizing the revenue funnel based on real-time performance.
- Stream engagement activity of customers
- Marketing automation
- Multi-channel journey setup
- Performance tracking
- Integrate with best in class apps
24 – MoonMail
MoonMail is an all-in-one email marketing solution that allows users to send messages via email, Voice, SMS, WhatsApp, plus Facebook Messenger, and chatbots.
It lets you run huge email marketing campaigns through Amazon’s cloud network. After creating multiple email lists, you can deliver your emails to your target audience based on their specific traits.
Well, MoonMail is for those people who have significant technical knowledge and already know exactly what they are doing when it comes to creating email campaigns.
- Create mailing campaigns
- Behaviour-driven rules
- Create templates
- Drag and drop editor
- View reports
- Design email campaigns
- Analyze the success of campaigns
- Multilingual dashboard
25 – Bronto
This Email Marketing Automation platform lets you automate your email campaigns in minutes. Bronto helps marketers and entrepreneurs boost revenue and customer engagement.
The tool offers integration with all leading eCommerce systems. It makes it easy for businesses to keep all the information about your customers in one place.
Bronto’s automated email service increases your team’s efficiency by introducing automated message triggers to your email marketing program.
- Easy to create workflows
- Send personalized message
- Create an email series
- Automate emails
- Re-engage customers
Email marketing automation is a simple way to create emails that reach the right customers with the right message at the right moment. It increases the productivity and efficiency of your business.
We hope the list above can help you find the best email automation software that fits your business needs.