Choosing a captivating and catchy domain name itself is a mind-boggling job, and then comes the next step of building a website i.e., selecting the best domain registrars.
Nowadays, there are innumerable registrars and each one of them offers homogenous features and does pretty much the same job, so to tell them apart so that you may choose what suits you the best, we are to your rescue.
Here we will walk you through the best domain name registrars and highlight the features that make them stand out so that you know what to watch out for, the good and bad of some of the most popular domain registrars out there.
Hopping on to the list of 10 Best Domain Registrars for Small Businesses that you must try.
10 Best Domain Registrars For Small Business
Domain.com undoubtedly tops the list of best domain registrars for small or medium businesses as they are especially known for their quality of service and reasonable pricing.
They have been in the market for two decades now and specialize in a number of services like domain names, web hosting, VPS hosting, Email, SSL certificates, web design, and online marketing.
They offer the most popular top-level domains, over 25 country code top-level domains and also sell premium domains as a broker.
Also, the base time for a domain purchase set at two years, so you’ll need to adjust it manually if you only want to purchase a domain name for only one year.
- 24/7/365 online support via live chat or email
- Inexpensive introductory prices
- Custom Website Builder
- Easy to use interface
- Few annoying upsells
- Easy to transfer domains to and from
- Resourceful knowledgebase
- One-stop-shop for many website products
- Best prices restricted to longer subscriptions
- Performance not optimized for large or resource-intensive sites
- No cPanel
- .com – $9.99
- .co – $6.99
- .net – $12.99
GoDaddy has been one of the world’s largest and most popular domain name registrars in the market.
One of the reasons why this is the most suitable option for small businesses is their cheap starting prices ($9.99 for the first year), and terrific customer support over the phone and live chat.
They offer a variety of web hosting plans, including shared, VPS, dedicated hosting, domain transfer, domain privacy protection, domain name extensions, domain auction, and who is searching. They offer both Linux and Windows hosting. Their bundled hosting and domain registration deal is a win-win for both.
On the downside, if you wish to get privacy protection for your business as well, it’ll cost you a bit more – $14.99 per year per domain.
- World’s #1 ICANN-accredited Domain Registrar,
- Popularity with website owners,
- Purchase domain names in bulk,
- Easy to transfer domains to and from,
- Super-low starting prices,
- Suite of website products,
- Numerous modes of payments.
- Aggressive with upsells,
- The significant renewal price hike
- .com – $17.99
- .net – $19.99
- .co – $34.99
Bluehost was founded in 2003, this is the subsidiary company of Endurance International Group. It is certainly the best place to buy a domain name for all size of business. Bluehost offers shared WordPress, VPS, dedicated, and reseller hosting.
They are the perfect solution for new businesses who are looking for bundling domain registration with web hosting. Besides, they offer pretty decent quality hosting at reasonably low prices, with fast load time of 398ms and 99% uptime.
They provide support 24/7 with live chat, email ticketing, and phone.
- The free domain name included when you buy web hosting,
- Plans start at $2.95/month,
- 24/7 phone and chat support,
- No hidden charges,
- 30-day money-back guarantee,
- free SSL certificate,
- offers auto-renewals for domains
- Higher domain renewal price
- aggressive upsell process during signup
- .com – $99
- .net – $99
- .co – $99
NameCheap is another popular choice for domain registrars, they have served over 3 million customers, and they manage over 11 million domains.
Namecheap is a web hosting service provider as well. They offer all hosting types such as shared, WordPress, reseller, VPS, and private email hosting.
One of the key features is that the lowest rate for the longest period of time, so one can register their domain for up to ten years with Namecheap and stay unbothered about renewing every year.
- No obnoxious number of upselling
- Thorough and helpful knowledge base
- Simple checkout process
- 24/7 live chat support and a 2-hour ticket response time.
- free domain privacy with domain names
- Plenty of available add-ons
- Competitive pricing
- Negative hosting reviews
- Renewal price increase
- .com – $8.88
- .net – $11.98
- .org – $11.98
Hostgator was founded in 2002 and just like the above mentioned, they primarily serve as a web hosting provider and other options include web, cloud, WordPress, reseller, VPS, dedicated, application, and Windows hosting.
However, at competitive pricing they provide quality hosting with decent uptime and page loading speeds.
- Decent quality with competitive pricing,
- Cloud hosting,
- live chat and email ticketing
- Intuitive dashboard to understand your site’s performance,
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Free Site &cPanel Migrations
- Slow page load time
- Hidden cost
- High renewal rates
- .com – $12.95
- .net – $12.95
- .co – $12.95
Google domains have appeared recently in the market and unlike a lot of other registrars they don’t offer any type of hosting but one can register a new domain.
Additionally, there will be free privacy protection, easy transfer in the existing domain from other registrars, email forwarding domain and sub-domain forwarding.
- Familiar and simple interface
- Zero upsells
- Integrates with Top Website Builder
- GSuite Custom email setup
- New domain name endings
- Fast Infrastructure set up with Google
- Domain management tools
- Support available 24/7 via live chat, email, or phone.
- Above-average prices
- No SSL available
- Limited knowledge base
- Few TLDs(top-level domain) aren’t supported
- By default, your domain registrations are linked to your Google Account.
- .com – $12
- .org – $12
- .io – $60
Hover is a relatively new domain seller. Their business limits to selling domain names, transfer of domain name from another registrar, renewal of domain name but they excel at their job by providing the customer with a pretty intuitive and easy to navigate user panel.
It is mostly preferred for small businesses.
- Fun automated name engine
- Limited upsells
- Privacy protection included
- Some stability issues
- accept a myriad of payment methods
- Frequent outages
- Email forward is not free
- Limited customer support(8 AM-8 PM on weekdays and 12-5 PM on weekends)
- .com – $12.99
- .org – $13.99
- .net – $15.49
Dreamhost has been one of the oldest players in the market they have grown to host over 1.5 million websites. It is a perfect solution for a small business with web hosting needs who cannot afford to be offline for long, as Dreamhost offers a 100% uptime guarantee.
- Free domain privacy
- Easy control over your domain’s settings
- Free SSL certificate
- The minimal renewal cost increase
- Extra SSL available
- Numerous security features
- Unlimited data transfers per month.
- Cloud storage plans
- Money-back guarantee
- Lacks Windows-based servers
- Bot-based customer support
- Renewal cost bump
- .com – $8.99
- .net – $
- .co – $
9. 1&1 Ionos
1&1 Ionos is one of the oldest and very popular domain service providers in the market. They are a German-based company and ICANN accredited this company.
Services offered by 1&1 include domain transfer, a website builder, an online store builder, web hosting, WordPress hosting, managed cloud hosting, VPS hosting, business email management and accounts, and more.
- Consistent pricing
- the domain comes with privacy protection
- 24/7 customer support via chat, phone, email
- Other website products offered
- Annoying upselling
- .com(first year)- $1
- .com(renewal)- $15
Name.com is best known for bulk domain registration. They are the ICANN-accredited domain name registrar. Its features such as domain transfers, app integration, SSL certificates, a website builder, email makes it a better place for domain name registration.
- High-speed hosting
- Robust Knowledge Base
- Easy domain transfer
- Provides SSL certificate
- free whois check-up
- Overdose of upsells
- Limited customer support
- .com – $8.99
- .com(renewal – $12.99
In our opinion, it all depends upon your personal/business requirements although and budget. Of all, Domain.com is one of the best and cheapest place to buy a domain name for your business.
However, you can get you a free domain name from both Bluehost and HostGator when you sign up for their web hosting.
This was our list of Best Domain Registrars for Small Business that are budget-friendly.